Saturday, August 30, 2008

Schwan Song

I'm not sure I should be admitting this (especially after seeing all the yummy recipes my friend Keri has been posting on her blog lately) but today I placed my first order with the Schwan's man.  Or rather the Schwan's website.  Part of it was nostalgia--my Grandpa always ordered stuff from Schwan's and now I have a deep, deep fondness for the Gold 'N' Nugit bar (pictured above).   If you think it looks a lot like a Snickers ice cream bar, well, it tastes a lot like it too.  But I also thought I would try a few things out of practicality.  A lot of their stuff comes in individually wrapped portions.  Hopefully  this will give me a little variety without a lot of leftovers.  We'll see...I only ordered a few things to see if I like it or not.  Hopefully the Gold 'N' Nugits will be as good as I remember!  

2 comments:

Keri said...

Yummy. I love Schwan's. Our family favorite- chocolate marshmallow ice cream. I didn't know you could order online; need to go check it out.

reconnaissante said...

Did everyone's grandparents order from Schwan's? It's a Minnesota Company (I think)! I remember my grandparents would invite the Schwan's man in for coffee and chats for hours on end...ah, good times... :)