Well, I guess enough time has passed that I can post something new. If you follow facebook, many of you may know that I just returned from a quick trip to Amelia Island, Florida (outside Jacksonville) for a breast cancer symposium. The conference was at the Ritz-Carlton, and here is the view from the balcony attached to my hotel room. Nice, right?

I wish I could say I enjoyed it, but the truth is it's not much fun being there by yourself. Sometimes being single just sucks. And it was Valentine's Day. Oh the irony. That being said, the symposium was pretty interesting, and actually made me think of my good friends Keri and Bill. Bill because he is training to be a radiation oncologist, and there were a number of those at the symposium. It was multi-discplinary, so there were also pathologists, radiologists, general surgeons, plastic surgeons, and at least one pysch person there. Being reminded again of all that radiation oncologists do, it just gave me a new appreciation for Bill. And it made me think of Keri because there were a LOT of statistics. Most of the lectures referenced recent studies on drugs, survivorship, etc. So keep up the good work guys! What you are doing really does make a difference. (what the rest of you do also is important but not applicable to my story)

This is a picture I took when I went to the downtown area of Fernandina Beach the first night I was there. Apparently the island was occupied at least once if not multiple times by pirates, and has been under the rule of 8 different flags in its history.

As you look at this picture, where are the sinks? That was what I was wondering after I came out of the stall in the bathroom at the Jacksonville airport. Was this some sort of Candid Camera moment? The 2 larger boxes on the mirror are automatic paper towel dispensers, and the smaller ones are automatic soap dispensers. And the metallic rods that appear to be coming out of the mirror are the automatic water faucets. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the countertop slopes downward to a little trough that runs along the wall (the sink). I had never seen anything like it, so I snapped a picture when I was alone in the bathroom just so I could share it with all of you.
Also I feel I should mention I rode with the Iowa State Women's softball team on my flight back to Dallas. There was a tournament, and they won 5 out of their 6 games (I asked). Way to go ISU! Nothing like walking into the airport and seeing some red and gold to brighten your day.
3 comments:
You should have asked someone to model how the sink worked! :)
Thanks for thinking of me. I think I would find it interesting to attend a conference with you and hear statistics in use in real world scenarios.
Ahhh, so that's how the rich live, faucets with no sinks. It must be nice. . .
Post a Comment