Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chicago Bound

I see another month has gone by, so time for an update to the blog.  Earlier this month, I flew up to Chicago to visit my cousin Megan, who works at the Marriott downtown.

I had a really good time catching up with her and seeing some more of the sights in the Windy City.  We went to the zoo, the Chicago History Museum, and saw the broadway show Jersey Boys, which was really good.  We ate lots of delicious food, too, so it's good we did a lot of walking! 
Her cat loved my suitcase.  She was pretty much camped out there the whole weekend, unless it was time to eat.  Then she was camped out in front of her automatic feeder waiting for it to dispense some food.  Can you tell she likes to eat?  

Megan lives in a studio apartment (very small but she has done a great job organizing/decorating it) and this is a picture looking out her window at Lake Michigan. 


I've been to Chicago a few times before, but I had never made it to "the Bean".  It is a kidney bean-shaped, reflective statue (actually called Cloud Gate) in Millenium Park.  Of course it was raining the day we went there, so I was trying to snap pictures quick, and none turned out all that great.  It was also VERY cold most of the time I was there.  It even snowed one night.  I had fun, but I was happy to come back to the warmth of Dallas.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Janina-Bean visits the Millenium Bean!!!

steve said...

Looks like a great time!!! Is that a lego model of the Marriott?

janinabean said...

yes, we thought it was cool that one of the models in the lego store was her hotel...with a big dinosaur walking down the street in front of it (you can kind of see his tail in the picture)