Sunday, February 27, 2011

More fun with Aunt Janina

This weekend Lila got to spend the night at Aunt Janina's house. We had fun together and she did really well. No tears or asking for Mommy. It had been about a year since the last time she spent the night. I am happy to report there were no waking up in the middle of the night screaming or 3 am conversations after putting her in bed with me this time.
[Lila, head raised: Toby's on the bed with us!
Me: I know. Put your head down and go to sleep.
Lila: Our dogs don't get on the bed.
Me: I know. Put your head down and go to sleep.
Lila: When the sum comes up, it will be morning and we can have muffins for breakfast!
Me: Maybe. Put your head down and go to sleep.]

I remembered to take a few pictures of our evening together this time (courtesy of the strong hint from my sister :)
We watched Finding Nemo. Lila hadn't seen it before and she didn't get scared. Her favorite fish was "all of them".
Pizza and breadsticks for dinner with carrot sticks and ranch dressing. Yum.
Cookies and cream ice cream for dessert. Double yum. I got her a cup of water and then she informed me she wanted milk. So I got her a cup of milk, and she got the biggest kick out of having both. She would take a drink of milk and then a drink of water. It's the little things in life.
Going to bed with a few new friends.
Enjoying one of the books from Aunt Janina's house on the trip back home after having breakfast at IHOP (forgot to take any photos there).

3 comments:

ameybc said...

Looks like a fun time. Was the Toby on the bed conversation from this time or last time?

Unknown said...

Last time. Toby didn't get on the bed this time. He's been sleeping on his pillow a lot more lately.

Keri said...

You can tell they love their Aunt Janina. How fun to be able to come stay with you. :)