Perhaps one of the strongest items associated with the months of October and November is the pumpkin. Is it Halloween without a Jack O'Lantern? How can it be Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, right? Well, recently my sister made some awesome pumpkin cheesecake, and I was fortunate enough to get one of the last pieces. It was delicious. I might even try making it myself sometime once my oven thermostat gets fixed. In the meantime, I've discovered a very close second to the real thing--you guessed it--the latest Ben & Jerry's flavor, Pumpkin Cheesecake. It is Delicious with a capital D. On a side note, did anyone else know that they expect you to get 4 servings out of one of those small pints? (I discovered this after I'd eaten about 2/3 of the container :) Oh well, pumpkin is one of the 14 "super foods" so it can't be that bad, right?
Monday, October 20, 2008
A Little Scoop of Autumn
Perhaps one of the strongest items associated with the months of October and November is the pumpkin. Is it Halloween without a Jack O'Lantern? How can it be Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, right? Well, recently my sister made some awesome pumpkin cheesecake, and I was fortunate enough to get one of the last pieces. It was delicious. I might even try making it myself sometime once my oven thermostat gets fixed. In the meantime, I've discovered a very close second to the real thing--you guessed it--the latest Ben & Jerry's flavor, Pumpkin Cheesecake. It is Delicious with a capital D. On a side note, did anyone else know that they expect you to get 4 servings out of one of those small pints? (I discovered this after I'd eaten about 2/3 of the container :) Oh well, pumpkin is one of the 14 "super foods" so it can't be that bad, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm usually don't stray to exotic flavors on ice-cream, but I might need to give this a try.
Post a Comment