Thursday, October 09, 2008

Texas State Fair

It seems everyone is posting pictures of the state fair on their blogs, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.  This was my first year to go to the Texas State Fair, or the Great State Fair of Texas as they say on the radio.  It was a lot of fun, I have to admit.  I actually went twice-once at night and once during the day.  On Saturday night I went with some friends from church and got to see the pig races, light show, and experience all the rides lit up.  Then on Monday I went with my sister's family and got to experience smaller crowds and the cutest kid exhibit ever--Little Hands on the Farm (check it out on my sister's blog).Here's a picture of Colette, Lila, Big Ben and Big Tex.  (sorry Ben--I couldn't resist :) 

Here's a picture of my niece Lila waving at me when she was on the carousel.  She loves the "horsies."  Who doesn't, really?  I mean, I would have ridden it too if everything at the fair didn't cost an arm and a leg.  But I'm sure I'll have forgotten that part by the time it rolls around again next year...

1 comment:

Keri said...

Hey, it's a picture of Colette's baby bump. You look great, Chicky!